I know what you are thinking - Who is that scary man you have your children sitting with? I didn't know Santa took requests in the summer!
Why yes, as a matter of fact he does. If you travel down to the bayou you can find him spending his summer vacation at Crocodile Dock. He really lets himself go over the summer!

Okay, not really. This is actually Jon with the boys after his Thursday night VBS performance last week. This is his second year being part of the skit for the kids and their families. He has so much fun doing it. Elijah and Evan were a little unsure.

Here is Evan and Elijah watching the show from up in the balcony (so we wouldn't disturb everyone else). Elijah really liked watching his Daddy on stage. There was a part where Jon (Grandpa) was sleeping and one of the girls accidentally falls on him and wakes him up. Elijah yelled, "Get off my Daddy!" The rest of the time I had to try to quiet him when he was yelling, "Take off your beard Daddy!". For heaven's sake, we didn't want the other kids to know "Grandpa" was just some kids Daddy!

Here is Jon in action sharing the Good News.

In other exciting news, we had a great time spending a Saturday morning at a friends house. Here are the kids having a "picnic" breakfast.

We also got the pool out for the first time. We went out on one of the really hot and humid days last week. Elijah had a lot of fun playing in the water. I really wanted to jump in too, but I had to stay out and keep Evan company.

Evan is not yet used to playing in really cold hose water that is a foot deep so he spent the time playing in the exersaucer. It was so hot that I had to strip him down too and give him a wet washcloth to play with. He looks like he is having fun!
3 comments:
Evan looks so cute in that last shot! I love imagining Elijah yelling during the performance. So fun that Jon is able to do that and the boys get such a kick out of it!
PS, the beginning of this post is really funny! Had me laughing.
I always wondered what Santa did during the summer. Lol That was so funny! Glad to see the boys enjoyed his performance. That photo of Evan in the exer-saucer is totally frame-worthy!
you're right, Jon does look a little creepy, and I WAS wondering why you were letting your children get so close....though what a great dress up job on Jons part! so funny about Elijah yelling his thoughts out during the performance. was laughing at this post! :)
Post a Comment