Boy, summer sure flies by fast! It seems like I was just in disbelief that it is was already the 4th of July and here we are two weeks later and I am just now posting the photos from the fun day. Where does the time go!?! We had a great day going to the parade in the the morning, a picnic in the afternoon, and the fireworks at night.
Evan had a fun time at the parade too! He loved seeing all the puppies that were in the parade and walking by.
Here is Elijah with some of his parade loot - a Dum-Dum sucker, a wood plane, and sunglasses. Sweet!
This was the first time Elijah had been to fireworks (and our first time since having him), so it was extra fun this year! Here are jon and him waiting for them to start, with a Dum-Dum of course.
After the initial "scare" of the loud fireworks Elijah just loved them! He kept yelling out all the colors he saw and saying how pretty they were.
Here jon and Elijah are enjoying the fireworks, which were pretty much right above us. The "grand finale" was so loud and bright that Elijah covered his eyes while I coved his ears. Since my hands were busy I could not cover my own ears. I had to squint while watching them too. It has been a few years, but I am pretty sure that was the loudest and brightest grand finale that I have ever seen! Afterwards I was pretty sure that I had blown out my ear drums and retinas at the same time (but don't worry I recovered). We got home really late that night and Elijah was extra cranky the next day, but it was fun to see how excited he was! We can't wait until next year!
2 comments:
Love Evans T-shirt! :)
Awww... that photo of Evan is great!! What emotion! :-)
Post a Comment