It is funny how I can go weeks without taking any new pictures and then take 50 in one week! Here are some of the highlights of our Easter week.
The day before Palm Sunday we went to the Shakopee Easter egg hunt. We did the hunt for ages 5 and under and it was a zoo! Here are the boys waiting for the "hunt" to begin.
Once the whistle blew there was a mad rush and it was all over in a matter of minutes. Elijah didn't make out with too much, but he was pretty happy with his loot.
They also had a fire truck to check out. Inside they had games, face painting and free Jimmy John's! We had an impromptu lunch which was quite yummy.
Last Monday night I broke my little toe. I ended up going to urgent care, who then sent me to the ER, just to make sure it wasn't anything more major. Sure enough, the x-ray reviled the bone was broken all the way through. My first break!
I decided to include a picture, even though I am not a fan of feet, especially my own! Pay no attention that my big toe is already smashed up from a previous injury and that my supposedly fixed bunion looks huge!
The day before Easter we dyed some eggs. I think this is the first time Elijah has really participated, since we did not do them last year.
Here he is telling me all the colors while waiting for the tablets to dissolve.
Here are the finished eggs. Elijah is kind of a "less is more" kid. He only wanted to do one color for each egg. After much persuading he let me do one multi-colored egg. I don't think he was too happy with the results though.
We had a good Easter celebrating both on Saturday and Sunday with the two families. We were all tired out by Sunday afternoon! The Easter bunny ended up coming during nap/quiet time, since we had to be at church early in the morning.
Here Elijah is helping Evan find his Easter basket.
Here the boys are checking out the goodies (The stuffed animals and monsters were from great-grandma the day before).
No comments:
Post a Comment